Monday, August 17, 2026

Account for Kafwaya, don’t cover up with bigger lies

Account for Kafwaya, don’t cover up with bigger lies
Local News Aug 16, 2026

Account for Kafwaya, don’t cover up with bigger lies

Author

Breaking News Zambia

Local News

By Amb. Emmanuel Mwamba The government should account for the fatal shooting of Hon. Mutotwe Kafwaya rather than raise what he calls preposterous allegations, Amb. Emmanuel Mwamba has written. He says Zambians are shocked at the lengths the government is going to in order to…

By Amb. Emmanuel Mwamba

The government should account for the fatal shooting of Hon. Mutotwe Kafwaya rather than raise what he calls preposterous allegations, Amb. Emmanuel Mwamba has written. He says Zambians are shocked at the lengths the government is going to in order to cover up what he describes as a horrific crime.

Mwamba points to a statement from Secretary to the Cabinet Patrick Kangwa confirming that law enforcement agents had targeted a suspected illegal militia camp, and that opposition presidential candidate Brian Mundubile was not the target but was found at the scene in Lusaka’s Kabulonga area. Mwamba calls this a bigger lie, designed to eventually confirm Kafwaya’s fate by degrees.

He names those he says are being cast as members of a “rebel group”: Bishop Musonda Trevor Selwyn Mwamba, president of the United National Independence Party; George Kangwa Musole Chisanga, former president of the Law Association of Zambia and PF Legal Chairperson; and businessman Patrick Mwansa.

He also lists a wider group he says have been detained since last month: Valden Findlay, Kennedy Kaamba, musicians Moses Ngandwe (“Chester”) and Winston Ngosa (“IDC Light”), Felix Mangani, bloggers Rooney Kapya and Zubi, Amb. Martha Lungu-Mwitumwa, Hannah Israel Katontola, thirty-two members of a campaign security team, Black Apple, Peter Machaila, Ricky Chambailo, Thomas Mvula, Peter Mwava, Rickson Phiri, Dr Sebastian Kopulande and Bishop Dr Emmanuel Nkhoma.

He attributes overall responsibility to Lt Gen Geoffrey Choongo Zyeele.

This is an opinion piece reproducing views attributed to Amb. Emmanuel Mwamba. It does not represent the newsroom reporting or an independently verified account of events. The claims above are disputed: the Ministry of Defence, through Permanent Secretary Maambo Hamaundu, and the Ministry of Information, through Permanent Secretary Thabo Kawana, have publicly described the shooting claim as fabrication and said there is no record of Kafwaya at Maina Soko Military Hospital.

Community Feedback

No approved comments yet.

Get the latest alerts

Receive breaking news and new job notifications from ZinstaBlog.

You will only be asked for browser permission once.